Sunday, November 07, 2004

What's the good word

I learnt a new word yesterday. Not through one of those word-a-day daily forwards which you quickly regret signing up for.
This one, I came across, through sheer accident.
I was checking my g-mail a/c, when to clarify an address, I clicked on the *more options* link and then chanced on PHISHING. Of course, after that, one really has to investigate, eh?
Here's what it means, for those who are learning a new word today...

**Phishing is a form of fraud in which a message sender pretends to be a representative of a legitimate organization in an attempt to trick the recipient into divulging important personal information like a password or bank account number. Learn more here . **

P.S. Jeez! I feel like Sabira Merchant inside a Black and White Dyanora tv! :))

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|