Monday, November 15, 2004

Modern Myths

Maybe I will get third time lucky...
I have been trying to put this post up all day... and its just jinxed.

When I read stories on malnourishment I believe they are set somewhere in India or maybe sub-Saharan Africa. I assume it. That is my conditioning.

So I assumed that when The Guardian story carried the head line "Two million Malnourished", that they were talking about Indians or Africans. However, the story was about starving millions in the United Kingdom.
Later in the day, The Guardian changed the headline to "two million malnourished in UK". Obviously other people were making the same assumption as me!

And here I was, thinking it was ours to starve and die!!! Just goes to show: The proof of the pudding is in the eating... er.. not eating! :)

Btw, if any of you would like to check out the seamy underbelly (sorry, couldn't resist) of the developped world, click here ...





x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|