Saturday, December 11, 2004

Yawn! Doing a Rip Van Winkle...

The first week of my holidays has just confirmed what I call my "Sleep Theory."
I believe, very passionately, that all the sleep we have lost accumulates like bad debts, until we can pay them off. It has a great
threshold limit, but if we dont pay off, the burden will ruin us.
Now, why it makes sense to say so now: For a week now, my biggest
achievement is being able to sleep rather er...continuously through the day. Save the time I spend on the net, I'm mostly asleep, when I'm not reading.
Ah! And talk about reading, I've the pleasure of saying, that after years, I have actually, several times this past week, fallen asleep while reading - the book going limp in my hands as my eyes flutter shut! How many years has it been since I've done that! Fondest memories of childhood are visions of my sister going to sleep over her chemistry text book! It was the ultimate opiate! Sadly to say, only for her. Much later, when I was old enough to be
an insomniac, I tried hunting for that chemistry text to fall asleep over. Did not work once for me! Irrelevantly here, I was a commerce student! Tch!
Well, so I sleep like Rip Van Winkle and God knows I have not had enough sleep in a really long while. The bloody mobile always rings, late into the night and before the sun is up. You cannot always not answer, when it is work.
However, this is holiday time and my sleep is so deep, I cannot even hear the phone ring! Did not think that would ever happen to me, nay, never.
But I prattle on... endlessssssllly. Yaaaawn! Er... mmmmm...nnnn
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|